When Filing Corporate Taxes, Which Documents Do I Need?

You are going to need several income and expense documents. To save yourself time, the best thing you can do is set up an appointment with us and let us go over the documents you need. If you do not have them, we can help you find them through the revenue agency. Filing corporate taxes can be a long and difficult process—let us help!

Which Business Costs Can I Claim As Tax Deductible Expenses?

There are many business costs that you can claim as tax deductibles and some that you cannot. For example, some business gifts can be written off, but others cannot. The boundaries can sometimes be blurred on what qualifies as a tax write off. Have one of our bookkeepers help your business stay organized so that you’re ready for tax season.

What Tax Records Do I Need To Keep For My Business?

We would advise you to keep any document that shows income or deductions along with your tax records for six to seven years.

What Is The Most Appropriate Tax Structure For My Business?

There are three different business structures:

  • Sole proprietorships
  • Partnerships
  • Incorporations

Each one is treated differently by tax law, having one of our bookkeepers work with you can help outline what tax laws apply to your business!

Is it difficult to change MTY Bookkeeping, Inc. bookkeepers? How do I do so?

No. The whole process is actually a lot easier than you may think! Once you find a new bookkeeper that you like, you or your bookkeeper can send a takeover letter to your former bookkeeper. This will allow all your files and information to be released and taken over by your new one.


Contact us now at (845) 592-1080 or through our online contact form. One of our agents will be in touch with you as soon as possible!